Hearing Aids near East Rockaway NY
5-Star-Rated Hearing Loss Rehabilitation
At Hearing Center of Long Island, we understand how hearing loss affects every part of your life. That’s why we provide our patients with award-winning hearing care and the most advanced treatment options available. We offer multiple types of hearing aids near East Rockaway, NY, in order to provide the best results for your personal needs. We also suggest options that fit your lifestyle, budget, and take the following into consideration:
- How long you waited to seek treatment
- How much hearing you have left (residual hearing)
- Whether or not your speech discrimination (word recognition ability) has been affected
- Any overall health issues you may have
- How well you adapt to change
Keeping all of this in mind while offering treatment allows our expert audiologists to provide you with the best possible solution to your hearing loss. Learn more about our state-of-the-art hearing aids below.
Types of Hearing Aids
Invisible In Canal (IIC) – This type of hearing instrument is 100% invisible and sits deep in the ear canal allowing sound to travel quickly and accurately to your eardrum.
- 100% Invisible when worn
- Hear clearly, even in noise
- Custom-fitted for your ear canal
- High-definition sound quality
- Designed for daily removal
Completely In Canal (CIC) – CIC micro-technology allows this virtually-invisible hearing aid to be worn deep inside the ear canal.
- Cosmetically desirable because of their small size
- Programmed to have automatic or push button settings
- Require good manual dexterity in order to place the hearing aid in the ears
In The Canal (ITC) – ITC hearing aids are smaller than the ITE style and are also custom-fitted to your ear canal.
- Barely visible in the ear
- Easy to use with the telephone
- More difficult to fit in small ears
In The Ear (ITE) – ITE hearing aids are larger and custom-made to fit comfortably inside the ear.
- Easy to insert into the ear because of its larger size
- Easy-to-operate larger features such as volume control
- Used to help mild to severe hearing loss
Behind The Ear (BTE) – The BTE style sits behind the ear. The amplified sound passes down a tube to a customized earmold which fits perfectly in your ear.
- Robust for active wears
- Suitable for all degrees of hearing loss
- Large, easy-to-use, and durable
Over-the-Ear (OTE) – The OTE hearing aid style is similar to the BTE style, but is much smaller and less noticeable. This style hooks over the top of the ear and hides behind the top of the ear, holding the electronics in a slim case. A clear, narrow tube follows the front of the ear and carries sound to the tiny earbud, which sits virtually unnoticeable in the ear canal.
- Allows natural sounds to enter the ear canal
- Can be selected, programmed, and fitted in a single visit
- Discreet hearing aids
- Does not require custom molding
Receiver In Canal (RIC) – RIC or Open-Ear hearing aids are the newest design to reduce or eliminate the echo or “plugged up” feeling wearers can sometimes experience (referred to as the occlusion effect). This style is easy to wear and virtually unnoticeable.
- Fits a large range of hearing loss
- Offers the greatest flexibility in programming
- Water resistant and durable
All our hearing aids come with a 60-Day No-Obligation Guarantee! Once you purchase your hearing aids from us, all services, batteries, and adjustments are covered, and you can return your hearing aids within 60 days for a full refund with no restocking fee!
Schedule Your FREE Assessment for Hearing Aids near East Rockaway, NY, Today!
To learn more about our award-winning hearing care, we invite you to schedule your Complimentary Consultation & Evaluation today! Your appointment includes an extensive hearing screening, communication assessment, environment analysis, a customized treatment plan, and a FREE Bonus – a copy of Dr. Cardano’s book, “Better Hearing With or Without Hearing Aids.”