Hearing Aids near Lynbrook NY
Our Patients Enjoy Many Options at Hearing Center of Long Island
At Hearing Center of Long Island, we understand how extensively hearing loss can affect every aspect of your life. That’s why we strive to provide our patients with high-quality hearing care and the most advanced treatment options available. We offer multiple types of hearing aids near Lynbrook, NY, in order to provide the best results for your specific needs. We also suggest options that fit your lifestyle, budget, and take the following into consideration:
- How long your hearing loss has persisted
- How much hearing you have left (residual hearing)
- Whether or not your speech discrimination (word recognition ability) has been affected
- Your overall health – diabetes, stroke, etc.
- How well you adapt to change
Keeping all of this in mind while offering treatment allows our board-certified audiologists to provide you with the best possible solution to your hearing loss. Learn more about our state-of-the-art hearing aids below.
Types of Hearing Aids
Invisible In Canal (IIC) – IIC hearing instruments are 100% invisible and sit deep in the ear canal ensuring sound travels quickly and accurately to your eardrum. This 100% invisible hearing aid is designed for daily removal.
- 100% Invisible when worn
- Hear clearly, even in noise
- Custom-fitted for your ear canal
- High-definition sound quality
Completely In Canal (CIC) – CIC micro-technology allows this virtually-invisible type of hearing aid to be worn deep inside the ear canal.
- Cosmetically desirable because they are tiny in size
- Programmed to have automatic or push button settings
- Require good manual dexterity in order to place the hearing aid in the ears
In The Canal (ITC) – ITC hearing aids are smaller than the ITE style and are also custom-fitted to the size and shape of your ear canal.
- Barely visible in the ear
- Easy to use with the telephone
- May not fit well in small ears
In The Ear (ITE) – ITE hearing aids are larger and custom-made to fit comfortably inside the ear.
- Easy to insert into the ear because of its larger size
- Easy-to-operate larger features such as volume control
- Used to help mild to severe hearing loss
Behind The Ear (BTE) – The BTE style sits behind the ear. The amplified sound passes down a tube to a customized earmold which fits perfectly in your ear.
- Typically offers more power than a custom-made hearing aid
- Robust for active wears
- Suitable for all degrees of hearing loss
- Large, easy-to-use, and durable
Over-the-Ear (OTE) – The OTE hearing aid style is similar to the BTE style, but is much smaller and less noticeable. This style holds the electronics in a slim case that hooks over the top of the ear and hides behind the top of the ear, like a pair of eyeglasses would. A clear, narrow tube follows the front of the ear and carries sound to the tiny earbud, which sits virtually unnoticeable in the ear canal.
- Allows natural sounds to enter the ear canal
- Can be selected, programmed, and fitted in a single visit
- Discreet and appealing to people with cosmetic concerns
- Does not require custom molding
Receiver In Canal (RIC) – RIC or Open-Ear hearing aids are the newest design to reduce or eliminate the echo or “plugged up” feeling wearers can sometimes experience (referred to as the occlusion effect). This style is easy to wear and barely noticeable.
- Fits a large range of hearing loss
- Offers the greatest flexibility in programming
- Water resistant and durable
Did you know all our hearing aids come with a 60-Day No-Obligation Guarantee?
Once you purchase your hearing aids from us, all services, batteries, and adjustments are covered, and you can return your hearing aids within 60 days for a full refund with no restocking fee!
Schedule Your FREE Assessment for Hearing Aids near Lynbrook, NY, Today!
To learn more about our 5-star-rated hearing care, you’re invited to schedule your FREE Dr. Cardano Real-Life Hearing Assessment today! Your appointment includes an extensive hearing screening, communication assessment, environment analysis, a customized treatment plan, and a FREE Bonus – a copy of Dr. Cardano’s book, “Better Hearing With or Without Hearing Aids.”
Are You Unhappy with Your Hearing Aid? Come In for a FREE Hearing Aid Analysis & Adjustment
Whether or not you’re an existing patient of ours, you’re welcome to take advantage of our complimentary walk-in hearing aid service clinic on weekdays from 1-2 PM. Come in for a free analysis of your hearing aid issues and also receive a hearing aid adjustment.
As one of the premier hearing care centers near Lynbrook, NY, our team at Long Island Hearing Center also provides award-winning hearing services to patients from Valley Stream, Lynbrook, East Rockaway, Oceanside, Franklin Square, Malverne, Rockville Centre, Hewlett, West Hempstead Lawrence, Woodmere & Elmont, NY.