Enjoy the Sounds of Life Again at Hearing Center of Long Island
At Hearing Center of Long Island, we understand how extensively hearing loss can affect all areas of your life. That’s why we strive to provide our patients with the highest quality of hearing care and the latest treatment options available. We offer multiple types of hearing aids in Valley Stream, NY, in order to provide the best results for your specific needs. We also suggest options that fit your lifestyle, budget, and take the following into consideration:
- How long you waited to seek help
- How much hearing you have left (residual hearing)
- Whether or not your speech discrimination (word recognition ability) has been affected
- Your overall health
- How well you adapt to change
Keeping all of this in mind while offering treatment allows our audiologists to provide you with the best possible solution to your hearing loss. Learn more about our state-of-the-art hearing aids below.
Types of Hearing Aids
Lyric Invisible Extended Wear – As Certified Lyric Professionals, our audiologists are experienced in determining who can benefit from these revolutionary hearing devices. Lyric hearing aids offer our patients many benefits, including:
- A custom fit that is virtually invisible
- 24-hour extended wear
- Smartphone connectivity
You can learn more about state-of-the-art Lyric hearing aids here.
Invisible In Canal (IIC) – IIC hearing instruments are 100% invisible when worn. They sit deep in the ear canal ensuring sound travels quickly and accurately to your eardrum. This 100% invisible hearing aid is designed for daily removal.
- 100% Invisible when worn
- Hear clearly, even in noise
- Custom-sculpted for your ear canal
- Highest definition sound quality
- Designed for daily removal
Completely In Canal (CIC) – CIC micro-technology allows this type of hearing aid to be worn deep inside the ear canal. CICs are so tiny, they are virtually invisible when worn.
- Cosmetically desirable because they are tiny in size
- Programmed to have automatic or push-button settings
- Require good manual dexterity in order to place the hearing aid in the ears
In The Canal (ITC) – ITC hearing aids are smaller than the In-the-Ear style and are also custom made to fit the size and shape of your ear canal.
- Barely visible in the ear
- Easy to use with the telephone
- May not fit well in small ears
In The Ear (ITE) – ITE hearing aids are custom-made and fit comfortably inside the ear.
- Easy to insert into the ear because of its larger size
- Easy-to-operate larger features such as volume control
- Used to help mild to severe hearing loss.
Behind The Ear (BTE) – The BTE style sits behind the ear, while the amplified sound passes down a tube to a customized earmold which fits in your ear.
- Typically offers more power than a custom-made hearing aid
- Robust for active wears
- Suitable for all degrees of hearing loss
- Large, easy-to-use hearing aids that are consistently reliable
Over-the-Ear (OTE) – The OTE hearing aid style is similar to the Behind-the-Ear style, but is much smaller and less noticeable. This style holds the electronics in a slim case that hooks over the top of the ear and hides behind the top of the ear, the same place where eyeglasses rest. A clear, narrow tube follows the front of the ear and carries sound to the tiny earbud, which sits unnoticeable in the ear canal.
- Allows natural sounds to enter the ear canal
- Can be selected, programmed and fit in a single visit
- Very discreet and appealing to people with cosmetic concerns
- Does not require custom molding
Receiver In Canal (RIC) – RIC or Open-Ear hearing aids are the newest design to reduce or eliminate the echo or “plugged up” feeling wearers can sometimes experience (referred to as the occlusion effect). This style is easy to wear and barely noticeable.
- Fits a large range of hearing loss
- Offers the greatest flexibility in programming
- Water resistant and durable
Did you know all our hearing aids come with a 60-Day No-Obligation Guarantee? Once you purchase your hearing aids from us, all services, batteries, and adjustments are covered, and you can return your hearing aids within 60 days for a full refund with no restocking fee!
Schedule Your FREE Assessment for Hearing Aids in Valley Stream, NY, Today!
To learn more about our 5-star-rated hearing care and how our hearing aids can help with your hearing loss, we invite you to schedule your FREE Dr. Cardano Real-Life Hearing Assessment today! Your appointment includes an Extensive Hearing Screening, Communication Assessment, Environment Analysis, a Customized Treatment Plan, and a FREE Bonus – a copy of Dr. Cardano’s book, “Better Hearing With or Without Hearing Aids.”
As one of the premier hearing care centers in Valley Stream, NY, our team at Long Island Hearing Center also provides award-winning hearing services to patients from Lynbrook, East Rockaway, Oceanside, Franklin Square, Malverne, Rockville Centre, Hewlett, West Hempstead Lawrence, Woodmere & Elmont, NY.